Sunday, July 29, 2007

Real Estate Blog - Mortgage Fraud + Shielding a Client--Part I

Real Estate Blog - Mortgage Fraud + Shielding a Client--Part I

I was driving around Carlsbad California today with a friend who is a Real Estate investor. When I mentioned that I saw this same no money down sign all over Encinitas and Carlsbad.

He said yes, and a few weeks ago there was a sign all over which spoke of an apprentice job where they were looking to pay the apprentice 20,000. My investor friend figured they were looking for someone with good credit to pull a fraudulent real estate deal.

The link above is an example of the type of fraud that seems prevalent in the San Diego Real Estate market, according to my investor friend. As we were driving through his neighborhood he pointed out two homes which involved homes that were marked up too high and then sold with cash back to the buyer.

Therefore, at least 2 of the 4 recent comps for a very popular neighborhood are fraudulent.

Buying a home in Carlsbad or other parts of San Diego - make sure you know what you are doing or you are working with someone who knows what they are doing.

No comments: